Fiesta ST150 Mk6 ARP 2.0/2.3/2.5 I4 Duratec Rod Bolt Kit
ARP 2000 Big End Bolts - most steel con rod manufacturers choose ARP bolts as their standard equipment. They’re proud to advertise their products as being equipped with ARP rod bolts. And for good reason.
The ‘weak link’ in a connecting rod has always been the bolt and racers know that nobody manufactures a better bolt than ARP. Testing has shown ARP bolts to have twenty times the fatigue strength of other bolts. You’ll find the ARP name proudly stamped on each bolt as your quality of assurance.
ARP 2000 is an alloy steel that can be safely heat treated to achieve a clamping load of 220,000 psi. Commonly used for all competition applications.
Suits original Ford cast iron con rods only.
Ford Duratec HE I4 16v (4 cylinder)
- Ford EcoSport 2.0 2014-
- Ford Fiesta Mk6 ST150 2.0 2005-2008
- Ford Focus Mk2 1.8 2005-2011
- Ford Focus Mk2 2.0 2005-2011
- Ford Focus Mk3 2.0 2011-
- Ford Galaxy 2.0 2006-2015
- Ford Galaxy 2.3 2007-2015
- Ford Kuga 2.5 2013-
- Ford Maverick 2.3 2003-2007
- Ford Maverick 2.5 2006-2007
- Ford Mondeo Mk3 1.8 2000-2007
- Ford Mondeo Mk3 2.0 2000-2007
- Ford Mondeo Mk4 2.0 2007-2014
- Ford Mondeo Mk5 2.0 2014-
- Ford Mondeo Mk4 2.3 2007-2014
- Ford Mondeo Mk5 2.5 2014-
- Ford Ranger 2.5 2011-
- Ford S-Max 2.0 2006-2015
- Ford S-Max 2.3 2007-2015
- Ford Transit 2.3 2006-2009
- Ford Transit Connect 2.5 2014-
Make sure that there is an adequate chamfer around the top of the connecting rod bolt hole to clear the radius under the head of the bolt.
Use ARP Ultra-Torque Fastener Assembly Lubricant to lubricate the threads of the bolt and under the head of the bolt. Then install the bolts and tighten them hand tight.
ARP recommends using the STRETCH METHOD when tightening the bolts. Following the instructions for using a stretch gauge, Stretch the bolts to 0.0065"-0.0070".
If you do not have a stretch gauge, torque the bolts to 45ft-lbs using ARP Ultra-Torque Fastener Assembly Lubricant.
A log should be kept on the original non-torqued length of each bolt. Bolts that have any permanent deformation or have increased in non-torqued length by more than 0.001" should be replaced.